Friday, July 10, 2009

Cu Lao cham Island, Viet Nam


Thursday, 9th July
Dive 072: Signal Point

Max Depth: 23.4m ; Bottom time: 65 min

Water Temp: 28c; Visibility:
15-20m

Dive 073: Undersea Island
Max Depth: 17.6m ; Bottom time: 60 min

Water Temp: 28c; Visibility:
15-20m

Comment: Hoi An is located about 45 minutes south of central Viet Nam's largest city, Da Nang. It is my favorite place to visit when I come home for holidays each year. With dive gears already with us, Miz and I finally plunged in and do a dive trip in between our feasts and shopping excursions in the Old Town. If you have been following with my log of our latest dive excursion, you would have known that my camera photo mode was fried in Sipadan. So, for the rest of the diving, it was video mode only. Dive condition for our day was practically perfect, flat sea, sunny skies, and pretty good visibility. Topography of the 2 dive sites we visit is similar to what we have in the Raya Islands in Phuket. There were fish life, though not as densely as you might see in the Andaman Sea. Some videos from the dives can be viewed at my YouTube page.

No comments: